This is an adorable wooden Montessori toy, Waldorf toy set. This can be used for sensory play and for practicing fine motor skills by having the child practice placing the ball into the bowl, peg person into the bean pot and egg into the cup. Ready to paint or enjoy the natural finish. All pieces are sanded smooth.
Perfect sensory play and building fine motor skills.
"So, what is sensory play? Sensory play includes any activity that stimulates your young child’s senses: touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing. Sensory activities facilitate exploration and naturally encourage children to use scientific processes while they play, create, investigate and explore.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory.
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. This helps children learn sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry)."
This kit contains:
1 Peg Person 2 2/8”tall,
1 Peg Pot 1 1/2” tall
1 Egg with a flat button to stand up, 2“ tall
1 Egg cup, 2 1/8” tall,
1 Ball 2“; 1 Bowl 1 3/16” tall
Optional tray is:
~9.8 Inches Long
~7.8 Inches Wide
-1.7 Inches High
It comes with a cotton bag.
Due to small parts, this is intended for children 3 and older.
Love the set we got, sealed with Howard's butcher block Conditioner. My son is fascinated with the ball and bowl. Thank you.