This is an adorable wooden Montessori toy, Waldorf toy. This can be used for sensory play and for practicing fine motor skills by having the child practice scooping the acorns into the wooden box. Ready to paint or enjoy the natural finish. All pieces are sanded smooth.
Montessori Toys, like this, are perfect for sensory play and building fine motor skills.
"So, what is sensory play? Sensory play includes any activity that stimulates your young child’s senses: touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing. Sensory activities facilitate exploration and naturally encourage children to use scientific processes while they play, create, investigate and explore.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory.
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. This helps children learn sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry).
This kit contains:
1 Wood Box With Cover - 1 2-3/4" Diameter x 2-5/8" Tall
1 Wood Scoop - 4" Long x 1-1/2" Wide
6 Acorns 1-1/32" Diameter x 1-3/8" Tall
Optional Tray is
~9.8 Inches Long
~7.8 Inches Wide
-1.7 Inches High
It comes with a cotton bag.
Made in the USA.
These kits are intended for ages 3+. All elements of the kit should be considered a choking hazard.
My 5 and 2 year old love these sets and star tee d playing with them immediately! Cute addition to their Easter baskets ;)
My daughter sent a video of him playing and talking , two year old verbalizations, as he scooped up the acorns and put them in bowls. Well worth the money
Love the product but took forever to ship!