Finally - Skip the Plastic! This is an adorable wooden Montessori toy, Waldorf toy set. This can be used for sensory play and for practicing fine motor skills by having the child practice screwing and unscrewing the wood nuts from the bolts and placing them in the wooden bowl. These screw toys are typically plastic and hard to find in 100% eco friendly natural wood.
Perfect sensory play and building fine motor skills.
Screw Length - 2 3/8 Inches
The diameter of the thread is 7/16th inch. The legenth of the thread area is 1 7/8th inch.
Bowl Diameter - 2 1/2 inches
Comes with a cotton bag.
"So, what is sensory play? Sensory play includes any activity that stimulates your young child’s senses: touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing. Sensory activities facilitate exploration and naturally encourage children to use scientific processes while they play, create, investigate and explore.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory.
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. This helps children learn sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry)."
Due to small parts, this is intended for children 3 and older.