This is an adorable wooden Montessori nesting box set. This can be used for sensory play and for practicing fine motor skills by having the child practice placing the covers on the boxes, stacking them, or nesting them. All pieces are sanded smooth.
Montessori Toys, like this, are perfect for sensory play and building fine motor skills.
"So, what is sensory play? Sensory play includes any activity that stimulates your young child’s senses: touch, smell, taste, movement, balance, sight and hearing. Sensory activities facilitate exploration and naturally encourage children to use scientific processes while they play, create, investigate and explore.
Here are 5 reasons why sensory play is beneficial:
1. Research shows that sensory play builds nerve connections in the brain’s pathways, which lead to the child’s ability to complete more complex learning tasks.
2. Sensory play supports language development, cognitive growth, fine and gross motor skills, problem-solving skills, and social interaction.
3. This type of play aids in developing and enhancing memory.
4. Sensory play is great for calming an anxious or frustrated child.
5. This helps children learn sensory attributes (hot, cold, sticky, dry)."
Small Cup - 1-5/8" Diameter x 1" Tall
Medium Cup - 2-1/4" Diameter x 1-5/8" Tall
Large Cup - 2-3/4" Diameter x 2-5/8" Tall
Optional Tray is available:
It comes with a cotton bag.
Due to small parts, this is intended for children 3 and older.
I recently purchased the Montessori toy nesting cups. They arrived exactly as described, and they are DARLING! Highly recommend!